In consideration of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (“NAR”) granting you access to the Site, you hereby agree as follows:
1. NAR reserves the right at its sole discretion to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms at any time without notice or liability, and such modification shall become effective upon posting on the Site. Your use of the Site following any such modification shall be conclusively deemed to be your acceptance of such modification.
2. REALTOR®, REALTORS®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, the REALTOR® Block "R" logo, REALTOR.com, and REALTOR.org are trademarks, service marks, membership marks, and/or logos of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. All NAR trademarks, service marks, membership marks and logos appearing on REALTOR.org are the property of NAR and all rights in those trademarks, service marks, membership marks and logos are reserved. Members of NAR using any of the membership marks are bound by and should refer to the rules and regulations governing use of those marks to assure proper usage.
3. The information provided on the Site is for educational and informational purposes only. The information should not be construed as a recommendation by NAR for any course of action regarding financial, legal or accounting matters. It is not meant as a substitute for professional advice from a qualified legal, accounting or financial professional.
4. NAR does not represent, warrant or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information displayed, uploaded, downloaded or distributed through the Site by any user, or any other person or entity. NAR disclaims liability for any damages or losses, direct or indirect, that may result from use of or reliance on information contained on the Site.
5. NAR may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the services provided at the Site at any time without notice or liability, including the availability of any feature, blog, database or content.
6. The Site contains a combination of content that NAR creates, its partners create, and that its users create for display on the Site. All materials published on the Site, including, but not limited to, text, images, video, graphics and multimedia files (“Materials”) are protected by all applicable copyright and trademark laws and owned by NAR or the party credited as the provider of the Content. All rights in the Materials are expressly reserved by the applicable copyright and trademark owner.
a. You may not sublicense, transfer or otherwise make any Materials available to any third party for commercial purposes or financial gain or use the Materials in any other media or in any other location other than as permitted in this section and in the Content Submission Rules. You may not upload Materials that contain advertising or promotion for a particular real estate listing or for real estate services, including brokerage, lending, title insurance, property or casualty insurance, property management, building developing or consulting.
b. By submitting any content to the Site, you warrant and represent that you either own or otherwise control all of the rights to that content, including without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input, or submit the content, or that your use of the content is a fair use. You agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide content and misleading false information. You represent and warrant also that the content you submit does not violate these Terms, and that you will indemnify and hold NAR, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, and agents, harmless for any and all claims resulting from content you submit.
c. By submitting any content to the Site, you grant NAR, its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, third-party licensees and those working for it and on its behalf, a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sub licensable, royalty-free license to use, store, display, publish, transmit, transfer, distribute, reproduce, aggregate your content with other content, create derivative works of and publicly perform that content for any purpose on and through each of the services provided by the Site. This license shall apply to the distribution and the storage of your content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.
7. The Site may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to access the information contained therein. NAR does not endorse or approve, is not a sponsor, partner, promoter or publisher of such websites or their content, and expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for the content of any other site. You should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the site administrator or Webmaster of such other site.
8. Your dealings with third parties found on or through the Site, including any third parties highlighted or referenced in Materials found on the Site, are solely between you and the third party. NAR does not make any representations or warranties with respect to any information, materials, goods or services that may be obtained from such third parties, and you agree that NAR will have no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any activities you undertake in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services, information or other materials available, or through such third parties, on the Site. You acknowledge that such third party websites usually have their own terms and conditions, including privacy policies, over which NAR has no control and which will govern your rights and obligations with respect to the use of those websites.
9. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY NAR ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR CRITERIA OF PERFORMANCE OR QUALITY. NAR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE USABILITY, CONDITION OR OPERATION OF THIS SITE, OR THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF WWW.100YEARS.REALTOR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR AS TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NAR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPARABILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY. YOU AGREE THAT NAR IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
10. As part of the process to submit content for display on the Site, you must submit contact information, such as name, address, email address, and phone number. You agree to provide NAR with accurate, complete, and updated contact information. Failure to do shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your access to the Site.
11. NAR reserves the right, but not the obligation, to send electronic mail to any user that submits content for display on the Site or that submits questions or comments regarding the Site to NAR. By submitting Content, questions or comments, and thereby sharing your contact information with NAR through this Site, you consent to receive electronic mail relating to such from NAR. NAR will not send other communications using such contact information obtained solely from use of this Site.
12. NAR may at any time, in its sole discretion, terminate, limit or suspend your access to www.100years.REALTOR, without notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation your breach of this Agreement or repeated infringement of third-party rights, including copyright.
13. Your uploading of any Content to the Site must adhere to the Content Submission Rules and is also subject to the following:
a. NAR disclaims responsibility and liability for the content and opinions expressed by others on the Site including, but not limited to, content or opinions regarding any products or service mentioned on the Site.
b. If you upload any content to the Site, including but not limited to photographs and written materials through the “Add Your Story” webpage, you agree to indemnify and hold NAR harmless from any and all liability, damages or expenses whatsoever due, directly or indirectly, to any cause of action arising out of the content posted by you.
c. You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and not to upload any unlawful Content or in any other way use the Site so as to violate any local, state, or national law.
d. NAR reserves the right but not the obligation to refuse, move, or remove any material submitted to the Site for any reason and to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Site.
(i) You agree not to post any defamatory, libelous, threatening, vulgar, sexual explicit, abusive, profane, rude, obscene, or anonymous Content.
(ii) You agree not to take any action which would disrupt or interfere with the normal use of the Site by other authorized users.
(iii) You agree not to post any advertising, promotional or other type of solicitation to other authorized users of the Site.
(iv) You agree not to impersonate any other person in any Content you upload to the Site.
You hereby agree that any and all disputes which may arise and any litigation that may arise from such disputes will be litigated before a court located in the State of Illinois, County of Cook, U.S.A., to the exclusion of the courts of any other country, state or county.
15. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by NAR or by a third party who has uploaded Materials on our Site, please provide the following information to the NAR-designated copyright agent listed below:
a. A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
b. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
c. An address, a telephone number, and an e-mail address where NAR can contact you and, if different, an e-mail address where the alleged infringing party, if not NAR, can contact you;
d. A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
e. A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
f. Your electronic or physical signature.
NAR may request additional information before removing any infringing material. NAR may provide the alleged infringing party with your e-mail address so that that person can respond to your allegations.
NAR reserves the right to terminate, limit or suspend any user’s access to www.100years.REALTOR in the event of repeated infringing activity. If you believe that a user of this Site is a repeat infringer, please follow the above instructions to contact NAR’s copyright agent. Please include sufficient information to assist NAR in determining that the user has engaged in such infringing activity repeatedly.
NAR has registered a designated agent with the Copyright Office pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). If you believe your copyright material is being used on this Site without permission, please notify the designated agent at:
Ralph W. Holmen
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
430 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611
National Association of REALTORS®
430 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60622